From Paul Scott Pruett:
I’ve been seeing a story floating around recently on Facebook. Apparently, there’s a young girl who reconnected with her mostly absent father. After doing so, they discovered a mutual sexual attraction which they chose to pursue. They will eventually move to a state where incest is legal and marry.
The common reaction to this is that it’s “just gross” or it’s “wrong.” I’m not seeing anyone bold enough to affirm it, even among a crowd who is quick to affirm other kinds of non-traditional sexual relationships. Thus far, any possible approval is only held in timid silence.
The daughter gave an interview where she lays out her story in detail. In it, she’s offered some of the following rationalizations for her attraction and life choice.
- We love each other
- It’s consensual
- We’re adults
- I just don’t understand why I’m judged for being happy
- It’s more common than you think
- Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) is a real thing… people need to research it because they just don’t get it
- I’ve never felt comfortable with another man
- I’ve never been in a more passionate, loving, fulfilling situation
- Everybody just needs to deal with it as long as nobody is getting hurt or getting pressured
Read more: Pensées