Newt Gingrich lays out an excellent — and rather detailed pledge — that congressional Republicans should make:
The 2018 midterm elections are less than two weeks away, and many polls show there is a sizable bloc of independent voters who have not yet made up their minds. At the same time, health care remains the number one issue for the American people.
The best way for Republicans to earn the votes of these undecided voters – and honor commitments to the Republicans who already support them – is to clearly articulate how they would fix our broken health care system.
This is an example of what that plan should be:
Republicans are Creating a Better Health System and Pledge to Do More
Republican Principles for America’s Health and Health Care System
- We believe every American should have the opportunity to live a long and healthy life, supported by a health system that is simple to use, innovative, and affordable.
- We believe that every American should have his or her choice of doctors and insurance that meet his or her specific needs.
- We believe the health system should be transparent about health care costs and quality of treatments options and that this information should be available to every American in a simple, understandable way so patients can make better decisions about their own health.
- We believe in protecting patients with pre-existing conditions so that they can obtain affordable health insurance coverage.
- We believe in the importance of American medical innovation that leads to breakthroughs that dramatically improve health outcomes while significantly lowering costs.
- We believe that the doctor-patient relationship is at the center of an effective health system, and it should not be disrupted by micromanagement from public and private bureaucracies.
- We believe American seniors have earned their health care benefits; and that they, their families, and their doctors should make their own medical decisions – not unelected government boards, bureaucrats, or private third-party payers and middlemen.
Read more: Gingrich Productions
Image credit: www.frontpagemag.com.