If only more Americans (Illinoisans included!) knew that defining modern liberalism meant the following…here is John Scotto writing at American Thinker:
There is a long list of rules one must currently follow before one can be admitted into the club known as modern day liberalism, and a stringent philosophy each member of the club must subscribe to before becoming part of this leftist cult. A cult which is now deeply committed to illogic, virtue signaling and group thought.
Entry into this socialist club is now dependent upon all of its members making a solemn pledge to exist within a state of perpetual childhood. Subscribing to this liberal ideology involves placing the group’s feelings above everything else. Shunning personal responsibility and hoping big government can fill the void is the spiritual quest of modern day liberalism. Being part of the collective and forsaking one’s individualism has become vital. For most liberals, personal liberty is now something which is to be scorned and forgotten.
Liberal ideologues must now totally place their faith in false narratives and illusion while rejecting truth and reality. The current political agenda of the left now includes:
- Promoting illegal immigration.
- Embracing open borders.
- Calling for the abolition of ICE.
- Bashing law enforcement without pause.
- Promising “free” college tuition for everybody.
- Eliminating the Trump tax-cuts.
- Using the climate change theory and EPA regulations to destroy the US economy.
- Creating and implementing a government run single-payer health care system.
- Unleashing more leftist indoctrination/brainwashing methods within the classrooms.
- Installing more liberal anti-Constitutional judges within our judicial system — ideological leftist activist judges who wish to create law rather than interpret it.
- Cracking down on freedom of speech everywhere, especially on college campuses and on the internet, making it increasingly more difficult for conservative opinions to be expressed or viewed.
- Doing away with the Second Amendment.
- Making private property rights a thing of the past.
- Calling anybody who dares to oppose any type of leftist view a racist or xenophobe.
- Installing a new Democrat voting bloc of willfully ignorant and impoverished citizens which will become beholden to cradle to grave big government hand-outs.
- Oh, and of course we can’t forget: hating President Trump every single second of each waking day.
Read more about “Defining Modern Liberalism”: American Thinker