CSCOPE is the acronym-sounding name — that is not actually an acronym — for the oft-criticized, all-embracing K-12 educational curriculum that is used in 80 percent of the school districts in Texas.
Below, The Daily Caller presents 10 of the most egregious examples of the curriculum’s inadequacies and absurdities.
1. Islam is awesome
2. Christianity is a cult
3. Communism is awesome
4. Hey kids! Let’s make communist flags
5. The Boston Tea Party was a terrorist attack
6. Terrorism: what do you think?
7. Christopher Columbus was an eco-warrior
8. CSCOPE writers pointlessly disparage Paul Revere
9. Help Ban Ki-moon and his U.N. cronies prevent a Malthusian population catastrophe
10. Murder and extortion were just “protest strategies” used by the Black Panthers