20) “I guess politicians can be excused for thinking the electorate is stupid because they keep winning reelection. If you were Barbara Boxer or Harry Reid and you kept being reelected, you’d have to think, ‘Half of my state is stupid.’ But then you wouldn’t be smart enough to think that if you had their brains.”
15) “Where is the compromise between right and wrong? Where’s the compromise between good and evil? If I believe in liberty, free market capitalism and all that, where is there any area of compromise with this administration? If I think the federal government has no business running health care to any greater extent than they already do, why should I entertain any bit of compromise with them, why should I accept their premise…? I disagree with every premise.
We’re here to defeat them. We’re here to politically defeat them and see to it their agenda does not succeed. And when was the last time…you asked the Democrats to compromise with me? When’s the last time you asked the Democrats to compromise with Newt Gingrich or George W. Bush? You guys have this one-way street, you have this august view of yourselves as in power in perpetuity, as a birthright and we’re just a bunch of little ankle biters knocking around bugging you people, a bunch of Chihuahuas and we gotta start healing, ‘Yes master.’ We gotta run around and when you say ‘sit’ we sit, when you say ‘heel’ we heel, when you say ‘lay down’ we lay down. It ain’t that way….”
6) “Morality is not defined and cannot be defined by individual choice.”
5) “Progress is not striving for economic justice or fairness, but economic growth.”
4) “You know why there’s a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.”