Here is Sean Hannity nailing it regarding lazy congressional Republicans (the short video is below, here is the opening of the text):
President Trump is shaking up Washington with a shock and awe campaign that has caught the establishment flat-footed – including the Republicans who are supposed to be helping him with the heavy lifting.
Consider what Trump has gotten done in a little over three weeks, with little or no help from GOP lawmakers. It’s a lengthy list, and it is growing every day:
- Ordered federal agencies to ease the burden of ObamaCare
- Taken action to freeze new impending regulations
- Withdrew the U.S. from the flawed Trans Pacific Partnership trade deal
- Instituted a federal government hiring freeze
- Banned U.S. non-government organizations from receiving federal funds to provide abortions abroad
- Signed executive actions advancing the Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines
- Ordered construction of a border wall
- Issued an executive action to strip federal money from sanctuary cities
- Moved to implement extreme vetting of refugees from terror hotspots
- Issued an executive action to rebuild the military
- Ordered the Pentagon to draft a decisive plan to defeat ISIS
- Imposed a five-year lobbying ban for administration officials
- Nominated strict Constitutionalist Judge Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court
- Established task forces to fight drug cartels, reduce violent crime and prevent attacks against police officers
In other words, President Trump gets it. He wants to move quickly to keep his campaign promised. He wants to get things done. The question is, where are the Republicans in Congress to help him?
I have lived my entire life with a sense of urgency, and the people who work with me in TV and radio share this ethic. We don’t go out to long lunches to discuss plans over fancy entrees and Merlot. We usually eat lunch at our desks.
But it seems like the Republicans, who should be helping Trump advance the agenda America voted for, are always out to lunch.
Read more: Fox News
Image credit: Fox News screenshot.