If anyone has heard anything from our Illinois Republican Congressional delegation regarding H.R. 2015, the so-called “Employment Non-Discrimination Act” (ENDA), please let us know. We haven’t been able to find one intelligent word spoken by them on this issue.
Fortunately, Americans for Truth about Homosexuality and Concerned Women for America have been doing a good job of covering it. This bill, in the words of CWA’s Matt Barber, “would force all Americans who prefer to live within the realm of reality to pretend, by force of law, that a man is a woman…”
Here is a part of Matt Barber’s summary:
* ENDA is portrayed by proponents as a panacea against workplace discrimination — a mere extension of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. They claim it simply insulates people against employment discrimination based upon “sexual orientation” (i.e., “gay”) or “gender identity” (i.e., cross-dressers). But instead, the legislation would actually violate the Civil Rights Act by codifying the very thing it purports to prevent — workplace discrimination.
* This bill pits the government directly against religion, which is unconstitutional on its face. As mentioned, it would force employers to check their First Amendment guaranteed civil rights at the workplace door by not allowing them to consider sexual morality — in any way — while hiring or firing. It would make federal lawbreakers out of Christian, Jewish or Muslim business owners who honor their faith and would require that newfangled “gay rights” — based entirely upon an individual’s chosen sexual behaviors — trump an employer’s enumerated constitutional rights.
* ENDA sits atop a house of cards. Homosexuals and cross-dressers are a privileged group, not an oppressed minority as activists would have you believe. The U.S. Supreme Court has devised a three-part test to determine whether a class of persons qualifies as a true minority:
- They must be defined by an immutable characteristic (unchangeable, like skin color),
- they must be economically deprived,
- and they must suffer from a history of discrimination and political powerlessness.
Homosexuals and cross-dressers fit into none of these requisite categories. Instead, the facts show that homosexual behavior is changeable, that homosexuals are largely affluent, and that homosexual activists represent one of the most powerful lobbies in the world per capita.
We’re hoping that our Republican leaders eventually find the courage and learn how to speak out on this issue. If they’re looking for an example of courage, they might want to read Tammy Bruce’s book “The Death of Right and Wrong.” Ms. Bruce is a self-professed pro-choicer, feminist, and lesbian. She doesn’t lack for courage when it comes to saying a few things that need to be said about morality and public policy issues.
Here are a few excerpts from her book:
[A]s a gay woman, I’ve always taken offense at the idea that I should be ‘proud’ of my sexuality. I’m proud to be an American, I’m proud to be contributing something to society, but my sexuality, like yours, is a private matter not meant for so-called pride or public display. (p.163)
[A]s a gay woman, I expect tolerance. But I understand that tolerance is not acceptance or buy-in. (p.20)
The isolated, multicultured, ghettoized world of the Left refuses to consider the fact that everything we do as individuals affects everyone else. Instead, theirs is a world of self-gratification that requires an end to personal responsibility. Values, decency, and knowing right from wrong—and having the courage to act on that knowledge—are all verboten. (p.25)
From where does this madness spring? Why this compulsion to change our society’s culture to mirror the Left Elite’s own worldview? This pattern of the Left Elite’s projecting their issues onto society isn’t as odd as you may think. It makes perfect sense, according to the most respected psychoanalysts of our age. Childhood trauma, stress disorders, and the resulting malignant narcissism all play a part in the Left’s victim mentality and in their effort, mostly subconscious, to shape our world to mirror their own damaged psyches. (p.26)
I believe this grab for children by sexually confused adults represents the most serious problem facing our culture today.
For people whose entire identity and reason to live is based in their sexuality, what do they need to do in order to fit comfortably into our society? They must work to sexualize every part of society—and, as every good marketer knows, that effort must begin with children.The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) describes itself as ‘the leading national organization fighting to end anti-gay bias in K-12 schools.’ This organization, which cloaks itself in a mantra about ‘tolerance’ and ‘understanding,’ is implementing programs in public schools that are aimed at nothing less than sexualizing your children.
Regarding the existence of “Gay-Straight Alliance” clubs in public high schools, and their claim that school choice undermines “efforts to ensure the safety of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) students,” Ms. Bruce’s reaction says it nicely:
Please. The only thing it undermines is GLSEN’s ability to infiltrate schools with their propaganda… That’s another fantastic reason to support school vouchers—to get these parasites out of schools and away from children.
Under a subheading “A Time for Action,” Ms. Bruce includes this:
Remove your child from any school that allows a sexual message to be presented. It will most likely be presented under the guise of tolerance or preventing the spread of disease. Don’t be fooled.