Lessons Learned from Chick-fil-A Imbroglio
By Laurie Higgins
How do progressives demonstrate tolerance and revel in diversity? They ostracize anyone who does not think exactly as they do…
[Those on the inside of] the irrational, hypocritical, bullying world of homosexual activism [want to keep] Americans from the hard intellectual work of critically analyzing their flawed presuppositions, propositions, and analogies:
- They want to keep Americans from thinking deeply about whether marriage is a private institution concerned only with the romantic and sexual feelings of adults.
- They want to keep them from thinking about whether marriage is really an infinitely malleable social construct or whether it has an intrinsic nature.
- They want to keep them from wondering why, if marriage has no intrinsic connection to sexual complementarity or procreative potential, we limit it to two people.
- They want to keep them from asking whether prohibiting polyamorists from marrying the persons they love constitutes hatred, discrimination, and intolerance.
- They want to keep Americans from demanding evidence for the claim that homosexuality is by nature like race.
- And they definitely want to keep them from asking whether children have any inherent rights to be raised whenever possible by their biological parents. Homosexual activists don’t want Americans to ask whether the desires of couples who are sterile by design supersede the rights of children.
Liberal Tyranny and the Cluck Heard ‘Round the World
By Matt Barber
Writer Sinclair Lewis is credited with saying, “When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross.”
Close, but not quite. Truth is, fascism has come to America; but it’s wrapped in a rainbow flag and waving, well, let’s just say it sure ain’t waving a cross. With its latest wave of scorched-earth malfeasance, the radical left has awakened freedom-loving America to this reality.
Liberals learned a hard lesson on Wednesday. While the generally silent majority was showing exuberant support for free speech, the institution of true marriage and Chick-fil-A, “progressives” were gorging themselves on crow sandwiches doused in bitter hate. While Chick-fil-A was eating at liberals, millions of God-fearing Americans were eating at Chick-fil-A.